Senior Bid Manager
Important note: this is an external job opportunity and if interested, please apply directly through the employer website - https://www.version1.com/careers/job-listing/743999922136893/
About Version 1
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big, Version 1 has celebrated over 27 years in the IT industry and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success. Version 1 is a Microsoft Partner, an AWS Premier Partner and an Oracle Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1.
Version 1 as a consultancy and a service provider, we are a digital-first environment and we do things differently.
A few of our awards are the AWS Migration Partner of the Year - EMEA at AWS Re: Invent 2022, Best Workplace™ for Women UK 2022 By Great Place to Work® and Top 10 in Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Awards 2023.
- Taking ownership of the end to end bid process from RFI/PQQ stages through to Bid Submission and Presentation.
- Manage Bid Team members and take ownership for ensuring appropriate work allocation amongst the team.
- Building and developing strategic partnerships with the wider BD team, capabilities, commercial, finance and delivery, with the clear objective of integrating and promoting Bid function within the wider Business Development capability.
- Work towards building an efficient bid department with best practice processes and initiatives.
- Provide input to the pre-qualification process to ensure all customer sales opportunities and bids are fully qualified and identified as winnable.
- Every bid, you will work with a team Version 1 technical / project experts to guide them to create strong feedback that align to bid and customer requirements.
- Experience of or ability to become a Senior Bid Manager.
- Experience in ownership of end to end Bid process in the UK Public Sector.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time adhering to tight deadlines.
- Strong time management with effective prioritisation of tasks, recognizing and flagging issues outside area of own expertise.
- Experience winning complex UK Public Sector bids.
- Experience working in IT Services and technology solutions environment in Bid/Commercial.
- Influencing skills: Ability to get people at multiple levels to deliver what you need on time and with high quality, even though they won’t report to you will be critical to the success of the role.
At Version 1, we believe in providing our employees with a comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes their well-being, professional growth, and financial stability.
One of our standout advantages is the ability to work remote or with a hybrid schedule along with business travel, allowing our employees to strike a balance between work and life. We also offer a range of tech-related benefits, including an innovative Tech Scheme, Octopus Car Lease, and MyGym Discounts to help keep our team members up-to-date with the latest technology.
We prioritize the health and safety of our employees, providing private medical and life insurance coverage, as well as free eye tests and contributions towards glasses. Our team members can also stay ahead of the curve with incentivized certifications and accreditations, including AWS, Microsoft, Oracle, and Red Hat.