Important note: this is an external job opportunity and if interested, please apply directly through the employer website - https://careers.peopleclick.eu.com/careerscp/client_canoneurope/external/jobDetails.do?functionName=getJobDetail&jobPostId=48228&localeCode=en-us
Canon Europe are looking for a Bid Manager, you will be responsible for leading the bid process as well as preparing innovative and winning global and international bids. You will design and implement leading bid processes and be responsible for KPIs (e.g.win rate…) bringing industry and discipline best practice to Canon bid operations as well as ensureing bid & knowledge assets are shared within Commercial operations and countries.
- Leads the bid process, preparing innovative and winning global and international bids
- Owns and project manages large scale bids ensuring high quality and on-time delivery
- Challenges bid team members and coaches them to develop winning bid strategies
- Takes part in the bid community group
- Takes informed decisions to bid (go/no go)
- Designs and implements effective bid processes and is responsible for KPIs
- On a continual learning basis, develops new bid processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness to increase bid win rates
- Continually works to build effective working partnership between countries and Canon Global Services team in EMEA to deliver successful bids
- Monitors bid success, implements review and learning procedures to meet bid team KPIs
- Brings industry and discipline best practice to Canon bid operations
- Through external networks and personal development, brings the latest bid discipline best practice
- Ensures bid & knowledge assets are shared
- Reviewing bid successes, ensures that the team reuses successful elements and are available to all relevant parties
- Works to share best practices with countries giving them the tools and knowledge to be autonomous in the less complex bids
What we give
With Canon, you'll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We'll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You'll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
In addition to a salary up to £54,000 you'll be eligible for a performance-based bonus of 10%. We have recently implemented a new range of flexible benefits including a strong contributory pension plan, private healthcare, life cover, an Employee Assistance Programme plus employee discounts on Canon products.
Canon also champions hybrid working and a flexible working policy, with a minimum of 25 days holiday per year. Lastly, you'll find that Canon encourages continuous Learning and Development with a wide range of resources and support available on demand.
What we ask
- Bid experience in large complex bids
- Needs excellent attention to detail
- Experience of working within sales and commercial environment
- APMP qualification is an advantage
- Commercial acumen
- Creativity for bid proposition
- Decision making
- Customer focus
- Innovative and creates insight
- English as a native speaker and excellent English writing skills, second language an advantage (French or German)
- Experience in Qorus program desirable but not essential
You will need
- Create Customer value
- Create innovative solutions
- Communicate effectively
- Planning & organising
Location: Stockley Park, Uxbridge. This is a hybrid role. We work an average of 3 days per week in the office and 2 days per week from home in the UK.